Here are some upcoming events you should know about!
- September, 2020: Michigan UMC Hatchathon, Lansing, Mich.
- September, 2020: New York UMC Virtual Hatchathon
- October, 2020: Indiana Wesleyan University Hatchathon, Marion, Ind.
- January, 2021: Susquehanna Conference UMC Pivot Retreat
- January, 2021: Los Altos UMC (Los Altos, Calif.) Visioning Summit
What is a Hatchathon?
A Hatchathon is a 2.5 day interactive workshop that helps teams take “big ideas” about making change in the community and turn those ideas into reality. Teams will come from local churches or community organizaitons.
“Big ideas” can be anything focused on doing good—for for the community and its members, for the environment, for those feeling alone or hopeless—because ultimately, any projects striving to make the world better are examples of God at work through us.
Participants are guided through the creation of basic framing documents and pitch decks, and have the opportunity to present their ideas to local business professionals. At its conclusion, some teams may receive grants to help get projects off the ground.